Friday 4 February 2011

Meet Theodora Rose



Just a quick note to say that my beautiful daughter, Theodora Rose, was born on Sunday, 30th January at 9.42am. She weighed a healthy 9lb 1oz and has long legs and a full head of hair.


My labour started naturally at bang on 42 weeks and lasted 21 hours in total. I managed to use the birthing pool at the unit for a decent amount of time, but ended up delivering on dry land with no damage done (phew!).


We were kept in for observation for two nights and came back to our happy home on Tuesday. 


I can't quite believe:

  • How much love you can feel for such a small creature
  • How amazing my husband was at coaching me through the worst of it and keeping me motivated to carry on without more serious pain relief than gas and air (entonox)
  • How much every single muscle and ligament in my body ached the next day!
We're settling in to family life now. I'll update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?